You will work closely with our CTO to help meet the day to day business needs of Echobox by helping to coordinate the efforts and direction of the technical team. This includes planning, execution and delivery of the product roadmap, fixing technical problems, responding to customer questions and providing software development assistance to the Data Science team.
- Work with our CTO to help meet the day to day business needs of Echobox.
- Be jointly responsible for the maintenance and quality of codebases and infrastructure.
- Be responsible for the planning, execution and delivery of the product roadmap.
- Help transition prototypes developed by the Data Science team into highly available, scalable and performant end user products.
- Coordinate and coach other developers.
- Be part of an out-of-hours ‘on call’ rota in case of serious technical problems.
We are a fast-growing, research-driven company building an artificial intelligence that helps online publishers overcome the challenges they face every day. Using novel machine learning techniques, we are revolutionising the publishing industry and have a track record of building things that others have ruled out as impossible. Leading names from around the world rely on our product every day, including The Times, Le Monde, The Guardian, Vogue and many more.
Our team is our best asset. We work with extremely smart and talented individuals, who all enjoy a high degree of responsibility and independence in structuring their work.
Do you think you have what it takes to be part of Echobox? We'd love to hear from you.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- 2.1 degree in a STEM subject from a top tier university.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2 years experience as a full-time developer in an OO language (e.g. Java, C#, C++).
- A good familiarity with Java (SE8+)
- Agile development (scrum, kanban, peer reviews etc)
- TDD & Continuous Integration
- An ability and desire to learn new skills quickly
- Genuine passion for technology
- Experience leading a small software team, with strong project management skills.
- Experience with different types of database technologies.
- Experience designing and maintaining microservice based architectures.
- Experience utilising AWS services.
- Experience building RESTful web services.
- Familiarity with common *nix command line tools.
- Experience working with React, CSS and HTML5.
- An understanding of software security and common exploit methodologies
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying